On this blog every Tuesday and Friday I write about story techniques, structure, and/or publishing. Comments and questions are welcome. I also have a personal blog, Amy Deardon, on which I write about a variety of topics purely as they catch my fancy.

I've written one novel, A Lever Long Enough, that I'm honored to say has won two awards. In my life BC (before children) I was a scientist who did bench research.

My book, The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story, is now available in both hard-copy and e-book formats. I also coach would-be novelists and screenwriters to develop their story. YOU CAN CONTACT ME at amydeardon at yahoo dot com.

Friday, June 29, 2012

EPIC EBook Awards



It's time for the annual EPIC competition. EPIC's (electronically published industry coalition) eBook Awards™, formerly known as EPPIE, began in 2000 to recognize excellence in ePublished works. The eBook Awards are open to all electronically published works: novels, graphic novels, short stories, non-fiction, and poetry. 

If you've written and published an ebook between June 1 2011 and May 31 2012, you're eligible to enter this year's Competition. You'll need to provide a PDF copy of the book (even if your book is only available in .mobi (Kindle) and/or .ePub (Nook, Sony, other ereaders) formats) and a link from which the book can be bought. A free PDF converter for download is available at primoPDF.

The final date for entry July 15, 2012. Entrance fee is $35 for a nonmember.



Web Address: http://www.epicorg.com/competitions/epics-ebook-awards.html

The book categories are:

Children
Graphic Novels
Poetry 
Anthology
Novella
Short story
Non-Fiction
Young Adult

and
FICTION:
Action/Adventure
Contemporary 
Erotica
Fantasy
Historical
Horror
Mainstream
Mystery
Paranormal
Romance
Romantic Suspense
Science Fiction
Spiritual/Metaphysical
Suspense/Thriller

Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment