On this blog every Tuesday and Friday I write about story techniques, structure, and/or publishing. Comments and questions are welcome. I also have a personal blog, Amy Deardon, on which I write about a variety of topics purely as they catch my fancy.

I've written one novel, A Lever Long Enough, that I'm honored to say has won two awards. In my life BC (before children) I was a scientist who did bench research.

My book, The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story, is now available in both hard-copy and e-book formats. I also coach would-be novelists and screenwriters to develop their story. YOU CAN CONTACT ME at amydeardon at yahoo dot com.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Writer's Block


Say nana nana boo boo to writer's block. Just show up today, and write.

1 comment:

  1. I would, Amy, but I am preparing for a major sketching adventure to the Lewis and Clark museum in North-West Oregon and coastal regions, tomorrow, with the family, an event we put off for a month for fairer weather.
    Only about 2 hours away, so a day trip, with the grandkids. I have been educating them on the Lewis and Clark journey about 208 years ago. My granddaughter, 10, will probably sketch with me--have been giving her drawing lessons.

    Right now the weather online says "sunny." But then the prediction changes from day to day. I don't mind overcast, since I like foggy coastal scenes as well as sunlit ones, but rain is not good for sketching--umbrellas in Oregon are nerdy!

    Course I did do some writing today anyway.

    ReplyDelete