On this blog every Tuesday and Friday I write about story techniques, structure, and/or publishing. Comments and questions are welcome. I also have a personal blog, Amy Deardon, on which I write about a variety of topics purely as they catch my fancy.

I've written one novel, A Lever Long Enough, that I'm honored to say has won two awards. In my life BC (before children) I was a scientist who did bench research.

My book, The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story, is now available in both hard-copy and e-book formats. I also coach would-be novelists and screenwriters to develop their story. YOU CAN CONTACT ME at amydeardon at yahoo dot com.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Autographing a Kindle Book


One advantage DTBs (dead tree books) hold over e-books is that the DTBs can be autographed by the author while Kindle books cannot. Until now. Evan Jacobs has created an application through Twitter that allows a person to request an autograph from a listed author. The author receives the message, writes a few words and gives an autograph, then sends the completed form to Kindle that then delivers it to the requester.

I don't know how well this particular application works, but the idea is certainly the wave of the future. Check it out at http://kindlegraph.com/about.

Another organization that is also working on this problem is Autography at http://www.autography.us.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment