On this blog every Tuesday and Friday I write about story techniques, structure, and/or publishing. Comments and questions are welcome. I also have a personal blog, Amy Deardon, on which I write about a variety of topics purely as they catch my fancy.

I've written one novel, A Lever Long Enough, that I'm honored to say has won two awards. In my life BC (before children) I was a scientist who did bench research.

My book, The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story, is now available in both hard-copy and e-book formats. I also coach would-be novelists and screenwriters to develop their story. YOU CAN CONTACT ME at amydeardon at yahoo dot com.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Novel Writing Contest



A fun writing contest is now open...

This is the PHOENIX RATTLER Contest for unpublished novelists. You can enter up to ten pages (from the beginning), plus you must include a 100 word synopsis. Categories include:

Contemporary Fiction
Contemporary Romance
Historical Fiction
Historical Romance
Mystery/Suspense/Thriller
Romantic Suspense
Women's Fiction
Speculative Fiction
Young Adult

This contest will be judged by literary agents and editors.

The cost is $25 to enter. This contest is similar to the ACFW Genesis contest held in April -- these contests are beneficial because you will receive, at the minimum, multiple objective critiques of your work.

But you must hurry! Deadline is September 1st. Winner will be announced January 5 2013.

You can check it out at http://christianwritersofthewest.weebly.com/2012-phoenix-rattler-contest.html

No comments:

Post a Comment